Performance and Relationship Management
The Employee Relations Team is dedicated to helping employees resolve work-related performance and conduct issues and assist with developing successful conflict and problem resolution strategies. We assist employees in generating and exploring options for addressing and resolving a concern. Furthermore, we also help employees assess their situation, so that they can decide on the most appropriate course of action.
We serve to inform, guide, support, and train faculty and staff in all aspects of Employee Relations by:
- Actively promoting effective management practices and productive employee relations
- Monitoring and mentoring the performance management process
- Applying employment laws and all applicable policies and procedures in a fair and equitable manner
- Providing equal access to the grievance/appeal process
- Successfully assisting conflict in the workplace through informal facilitated meetings, coaching, mentoring, and mediation
Some performance management tools are:
- Probationary Progress Review Form
- Counseling Memos (Contact ER Team)
- Notice of Needs Improvement
- Group Written Notice (Contact ER Team)
- Letter of Reprimand (Contact ER Team)
- Faculty Evaluations: Information regarding the Faculty evaluations can be found on the HR SharePoint Site - Faculty Evaluation Materials page or the VCCS Faculty Evaluation Policy 3.06.
- Classified Staff Evaluations: The electronic Classified Staff evaluation form can be accessed via Classified Evaluations Site. LAN (computer) username and password is required to access the site.