Northern Virginia Community College is committed to providing equal access to employment and educational opportunities for persons with disabilities. NOVA recognizes that individuals with disabilities may need reasonable accommodations to have equally effective opportunities to participate in or benefit from educational programs, services and activities, and to have equal employment opportunities. NOVA shall adhere to all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and guidelines with respect to providing reasonable accommodations as necessary to afford equal employment opportunity and equal access to programs for qualified persons with disabilities.
The College has procedures for responding to requests for workplace accommodations that allow the College to process requests in a prompt, fair and efficient manner. The procedures also provide guidance to employees with disabilities on how to request accommodations and what to expect.
- Accommodation of Employees With Disabilities
- ADA Accommodation Request Form
- ADA Medical Documentation Form
- Discrimination Complaint Form
Students who wish to request accommodations for disability, please see Disability Support Services.
- Disability Discrimination
- Disability Etiquette
- Applying Conduct Standards to Employees with Disabilities
- Applying Performance Standards to Employees with Disabilities
- Attendance Modification and Leave as Reasonable Accommodation
- Telework as a Reasonable Accommodation
- ADA vs. FMLA
- Reasonable Accommodations for Pregnancy