Green Festival 2019
Date: April 25, 2019
Time: 9:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Annandale Campus - CE Theater Forum & Gym
This year's festival will focus on Biodiversity and Urbanization and incorporate local, regional, and national case studies, as well as tools and research on the challenges of maintaining biodiversity in an urban environment.
The festival is FREE, open to the public, and will include:
- Environmental Film "The Last Stand - Ancient Redwoods and Their Bottom Line".
- A keynote presentation by Dr. Joan Maloof, Founder/Executive Director, Old-Growth Forest Network.
- Informational booths of local, regional and national environmental organizations.
- Morning and afternoon panel discussions.
- Interactive demonstrations.
To guarantee your ticket for lunch and Festival givaways, please register by April 5th!
Free parking in any B Lot or in the parking garage for this event!
- Speaker Biography
- Information Fair
Time Event Location 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Attendee Check-In / Vendor Fair Set-Up CE Atrium 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Keynote Speaker / Q & A
Dr. Joan Maloof
CE Theater 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Information Fair CE Gym 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Presentation: Revitalize, Restore, Replant! (R3) - Anna Haley, Fairfax County Stormwater. CE Theater 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Presentation: Native Plants - Sandra Tarpinian, Green Spring Gardens. CE Theater 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Lunch & Panel Discussion
- Dr. Joan Maloof
CE Forum 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Film Screening "The Last Stand - Ancient Redwoods and Their Bottom Line" CE Theater
Dr. Joan Maloof founded the Old-Growth Forest Network to preserve, protect and promote the country's few remaining stands of old-growth forest. She spends her time lecturing, writing, visiting forests, assisting private landowners, and supporting local groups trying to protect community forests from development. She is the author of Teaching the Trees, Among the Ancients, Nature's Temples, and most recently The Living Forest.
- Old Growth Network
- Fairfax County Stormwater
- NOVA Sustainability
- NOVA Campus Enterprises (Auxiliary)
- Scrap Exchange
- Fairfax Master Naturalists
- Extension Green Spring Master Gardeners
- Plant NOVA Natives
- 2019 City Nature Challenge DC
- Bike Fairfax and Walk Fairfax
- Secure Futures
- Urban Forestry
- Fairfax County Solid Waste (DPWES)
- GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic
- Professional Grounds Management Society