Health Care Resources
Having health care coverage is an important step to better health and well-being. Coverage is not only important when you are sick, but it is also helpful when you don’t feel sick. Explore options for your health care.
If you are not qualified for Medicaid, you may be qualified for health insurance through the Marketplace. Open Enrollment dates are November 1st through December every year. There is an additional enrollment period called Special Enrollment Period. If you’ve had certain life events, including losing health coverage, moving, getting married, having a baby, or adopting a child.
Community Health Clinics
- Health Works of Northern Virginia
- Neighborhood Health
- County health departments (often do vaccines, STD and pregnancy tests, etc. For free or low cost)
- Low-Cost Healthcare Resources in Northern Virginia
NOVA Pregnancy Help Center
Nova pregnancy center provides free and confidential services to those facing an unexpected pregnancy. Services such as tests, ultrasound, peer counseling are provided.
- 10380 Democracy Lane, Fairfax, VA 22030
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic: www.novadentalclinic.org
- Neighborhood Health: neighborhoodhealthva.org/our-services/#tab-dental-care
- Greater Prince William Community Health Center (sliding scale): gpwhealthcenter.org/discount-fee-program-application/
NOVA does not provide mental health services (per the policy of the Virginia Community College System), but we have an Office of Wellness and Mental health. Visit their site here: https://www.nvcc.edu/wellness/ or contact them through email for more community mental health resources at email@example.com.
Mental Health Counseling Services– Individuals, Couples and Families
Sliding fee scale ranging from $10-$65
Northern Virginia Center
7054 Haycock Road, Falls Church, VA 22043
The Lamb Center
Counseling is our core program and encompasses spiritual, psychological, life and employment dimensions. We partner with local groups and organizations who have a passion for serving the homeless.
3160 Campbell Dr., Fairfax, VA
If you need more information regarding access to healthcare, please contact us.