Various types of rental assistance available to low-income community residents
- Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Programs
- Housing Grants Programs
- County Choice Voucher
- First-Time Homebuyers Program (FTHB)
- Neighborhood Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Homeless Prevention Program (HPP)
- And more!
- Alexandria: The Office of Housing provides a range of services to renters in partnership with the Department of Community and Human Services and the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
- Arlington: The Housing Division provides information and resources to help low-income individuals and families find affordable housing in Arlington.
- Fairfax: Housing and Community Development has Fairfax County Rental Program (FCRP) which includes all rental property owned by the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCRHA)
- Loudoun: Affordable Dwelling Unit Program enables eligible non-homeowners the opportunity to rent an apartment from a participating apartment complex, at a rent below that of similar units at the complex.
- Prince William County: Rental Assistance Program The housing choice voucher program is the federal government's major program for assisting very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. Since housing assistance is provided on behalf of the family or individual, participants are able to find their own housing, including single-family homes, townhouses and apartments.
Emergency shelters and crisis emergency assistance available for individuals and families who are homeless.
- Alexandria Community Shelter
- Homeless Services Assessment Center (HSAC)
- Bailey’s Crossroad Community Shelter
- VOA-Chesapeake – Residential Program Center
- Emergency Homeless Shelters
- Northern Virginia Family Service
- And more!