Green NOVA Bag Program
The U.S. Department of Agriculture defines food insecurity as the lack of “consistent, dependable access to enough food for active, healthy living.” In other words, it means going hungry or being at risk of going hungry.
Food insecurity is an all-too-common problem for today’s college students. More than 25% of college students struggle to buy food. The Green NOVA Bag Program is a bi-monthly (six times a year) food collection program that provides non-perishable food products to NOVA’s six food pantries.
How to Become a Green NOVA Bag Food Ambassador
- Sign up here
- A Green NOVA Bag will be delivered to your home or office*
- Each week when you go shopping, buy one or two extra non-perishable food items. Store it in your Green NOVA Bag.
- About 10-days before pick-up, we will send an email telling you to place your bag outside your door on the pick-up date. We will send another email 1-2 days before pick-up.
- Place your bag outside your front door by 9 AM and we will pick up the bag and leave another Green NOVA Bag in its place.
* A Green NOVA Bag will be deliverd to your office only if you are a NOVA employee.
Pick Up Schedule for 2019-2020 Academic Year
Remaining 2019 Dates
- November 4
- January 6
- March 9
- May 11
- July 6
- September 7
- November 9
Items Needed the Most
- Granola Bars
- Protein Bars
- Microwaveable (ready-to-eat) Meals
- Tuna (with pull tab)
- Fruit Cups
- Bottled Juices
- Bottle Water
- Toiletries (e.g. deodorant, soap, toothbrushes, etc.)
- Baby Products (diapers, formula, wipes, etc.)
Contact Us: email@example.com