Access Class Roster
- Log into NOVAConnect by clicking MyNOVA on the NOVA home page.
- Click VCCS SIS: Student Information System.
- Click Self Service; click Faculty Center; click My Schedule.
Note: Your teaching schedule for the designated term will be displayed. To change the term that is displayed, click the Change Term drop-down menu and select the term you want. Also, do not use the Class Roster link under Faculty Center. Use My Schedule to access your rosters.
- Click the Class Roster icon at the left of the class row:
- The Class Roster will display the student's name, student ID, phone number, VCCS email address, program and plans, advisor (you may need to use the bottom scroll bar to see the advisor names)
- You can click the Print Friendly Version link on the bottom for a print version of your class roster. Note: The Print Friendly Version does not include the advisor's name.
You can DOWNLOAD the class roster to an EXCEL spreadsheet by clicking on the Download icon on the blue bar above the student's names. Make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off.
- Use the Send Notices to Students functionality to email notifications to selected or all students in your class.
- Click one of the buttons and the notifications page will display. Type your message in the message text box and click Send Notification.
Note: Your email address will display in the "TO" box and the selected student's email addresses will display in the "BCC" box. This maintains the privacy of the student email addresses and prevents "Reply All." This functionality is not to be used for regular email.