Posting Files to Your Website for Easy Web Access
To avoid sending lengthy attachments by email to your students, you can post the files to your website and provide the students with the link in your email.
To save your file to your Web folder:
- If you are on campus, open your document and click Save As.
- Type in the filename box at the bottom: \\novaweb\home\NOVAUserID\filename.
NOTE: Your NOVA User ID is what you use to sign onto your office computer or to receive your NOVA email.
- You do not need to change the file type.
- When you are ready to send your link in your email, it should look like the following: http://www.nvcc.edu/home/NOVAUserID/filename.filetype
For example, if my User ID is jdoe and the file I saved to my website was named announcement.doc, my link would be http://www.nvcc.edu/home/jdoe/announcement.doc.
NOTE: Be sure to include the file type at the end of the link (i.e., .doc, .pdf, .exl).
- If you are not on campus, you can transfer your file to your website by using ftp. For instructions about how to ftp a website, use the directions on the IT Help Desk.
If you want to use a simple Web editor for website development, use the following link to find basic instructions for using the free Web editor Composer.