Downloading Core FTP
Core FTP is a free FTP program that will transfer your files from your computer to the web folder.
- Visit http://www.coreftp.com/download.html and select one of the Free version links.
- Save the file to your computer, preferably to your desktop.
- Run the saved file and follow the prompted directions.
Running Core FTP
- Start Core FTP by double clicking on it.
- You will be taken to the Site Manager.
- Enter in a Site Name. You can give it any name you’d like.
- The Host is www.nvcc.edu.
- Click on Advanced and go to Directory/Folder. For Remote Start Folder enter in home/userid. Click OK.
- The Username is nvcc/userid.
- Enter in your password.
- Select Connect. If it’s successful, there will be two windows. The one on the left are the files on your computer. The window on the right shows your files in your web folder.
- To upload your file, navigate to the folder your files are in the left window. Then highlight the file and click on the right arrow. If it’s successful, it will be listed under the web folder.