Welcome to the Northern Virginia Community College Website

Accessibility Navigation:

Facilities Planning and Support Services - Frequently Asked Questions

When should I use a work order?

For routine maintenance, repairs, non-emergency requests and equipment installation.

Who do I call for phone, cable (TV or network), computer or wireless access work requests?

These non-facilities issues should be reported to the IT Help Desk at 703.426.4141 or ithelpdesk@nvcc.edu.

How do I get an estimate for a small project?

Facilities Planning and Support Services can provide an estimate on the cost of small projects.

If you need an estimate, please fill out the Facilities Planning Project Request (form 105–128) and submit to FPSSProjectRequest@nvcc.edu.

You should provide the following information:

  • Specific detail of the repair or concern.
  • Exact location, including building name and room number.
  • Contact person’s name, address, telephone and email.
  • A budget code, if applicable.

How do I reserve a vehicle for an approved trip?

Complete the NVCC Vehicle Request & Acknowledgement  (form 105–187) and submit to your designated, departmental point of contact.

Can I call or email a College Facilities staff member I know and get him/her to take care of a problem?

No. Please submit all work orders through our work order system. This will help ensure that your request will be properly dispatched, tracked and closed out when it's completed. You will also receive a notification when the request is completed.

How do I request a key?

Key Control is handled by NOVA Police. General Policies and Procedures and how to request a key are available at Key Key Management Policy.

What do I do if I think there's a gas leak?

Contact Police Dispatch at 703.764.5000.

What do I do if I see a water leak?

Contact your Campus Facilities Management office between 7:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Outside of those times, contact Police Dispatch at 703.764.5000.