Guide To Apply
Applying for financial aid is simple -- just follow the steps below.
Also, you can view the Virginia Education Wizard / FAFSA Video Tutorial.
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid Personal Identification Number.
You will use your PIN each year to apply for financial aid. It also serves as your electronic signature and allows you to access your financial aid records online.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply online
- Call the Financial Aid Office at 703.323.3199
- Visit your campus Student Services Center or Financial Aid office
- Declare a major in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- Verify the information on your Student Aid Report
The Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report one to four weeks after you submit your FAFSA.
- Make sure NOVA (Federal School Code: 003727) is listed so that your information can be released to us
- Call 800.433.3243 or visit FAFSA Online to edit your information
- Check the status of your application.
- Respond to requests for additional information promptly.
- Review your Financial Aid Notification letter.
You will receive your award letter in the mail. You can also check your financial aid awards online.
- Enroll for classes.
- Buy your books.
If you have enough financial aid to cover the cost of your tuition and fees, your financial aid may be used to buy required textbooks and supplies at your campus bookstore 10 days before the start of your 16-week term until the last day of the initial drop/add period.
- Pay your bills by the deadline.
If your aid doesn't cover your entire bill, you must pay the difference by the deadline noted in the class schedule or your class will be dropped.
- Verify your mailing address.
Residual funds (funds not used to cover the cost of enrollment) will be mailed to the address you have on record.
- Cash or deposit all your checks.
Uncashed checks are cancelled after 60 days.