Assistive Technology encompasses equipment and software designed to address the needs of individuals with disabilities in order to assist them in their college education and/or career management. Assistive technology is one of the tools Northern Virginia Community College uses to provide equal opportunity to students with disabilities.
Examples of Assistive Technology that may be available at NOVA:
- Alternate Keyboards
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Audio Books and Reference Materials
- Graphic Organizer Software
- Note-Taking Devices or Equipment
- Screen Readers and Magnifiers
- Speech to Text Devices and Software
- Text to Speech Devices and Software
For examples of current technology tools available at NOVA, click here.