Women in Search of Excellence (WISE) Mentoring Program addresses the challenges facing women in higher education by fostering healthy relationships and providing support, guidance and encouragement to help women overcome obstacles and achieve personal, professional and academic growth.
The mission of WISE is to empower women through professional and academic enrichment while improving self-esteem and self-advocacy.
- Set academic, personal and career goals.
- Learn how to make informed decisions.
- Identify resources and pathways to successfully to achieve your goals.
- Cultivate strong relationships with women in business and academia.
- Develop leadership and self-improvement skills with support from your mentors.
- Program Benefits
- Are you WISE? Eligibility
In addition to attending weekly WISE meetings and one-on-one meetings with your assigned mentor, you will participate in:
- Academic skill building and advising
- Success coaching
- Networking and mentoring
- Career exploration and planning
- Cultural events and lectures
- Character building workshops on self-esteem, communication, etiquette and more
- Social events and team building activities
- Community service opportunities
Are you WISE? Eligibility
WISE is open to any female student enrolled at NOVA-Annandale who is committed to the program's mission. To participate you must:
- Complete the application process.
- Follow all rules and guidelines as outlined by WISE and the NOVA student handbook.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Make a one-year commitment to the program.
- Meet with your mentor at least once a month and communicate regularly.
- Be present and on time for any scheduled meetings, activities and workshops.