As we provide a wide range of testing and proctoring services, students may visit the Center throughout their careers. The staff makes every effort to have tests available for students at all times. However, sometimes emergencies occur like power or server outages or weather problems that close the school without warning. Be prepared and do not wait till the last minute to take a test. Leave enough time to do well, and give us enough time to serve you well.
Special hours may be posted for holidays, semester breaks and summer sessions. Check the Testing Center Hours, as they often change.
- Cut-Off Times
- Faculty Resources
Students must be called upon and signed in by the cut-off time. Please arrive early as there are often long lines.
Test Test Must Begin... English, Math, ESL/Accuplacer and Foreign Language Placement Tests 2 hours prior to closing Extended Learning Institute (ELI) Tests and Other Tests* 1 hour prior to closing
* Many ELI and other tests have longer time limits. Please allow enough time to complete your exam.
There are no exceptions to these cut-off times.
Occasionally there are changes to posted hours.
Please call the information line at 703.323.3149 for updated hours.
Annandale Faculty Guidelines
Make-Up Test Drop-Off Procedures
- Fill out a Request Form.
- You must include each student’s name on the form, and your name should be on the test.
- Provide a separate test for each student.
- We accept up to six make-up tests per section. Any changes to your test instructions such as changing the end date or adding or deleting a student's name must be done via email@example.com or in person.
- The Testing Center does not provide in-class proctors or provide make-up testing for an entire class.
- Students found cheating (using unauthorized materials) will be referred to their instructor for disciplinary action.
- Testing Centers only administer make-up tests for faculty on the campus where the class meets.
- Students may not use electronic devices including calculators that can access the Internet.
- Students with documented accommodations that need a reader/scribe provided through counseling or a private room must make an appointment to take an instructor referred exam. Please inform these students of this requirement. Have these students contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.323.3833.
Test Pick-Up Procedures
- Tests need to be brought into the Testing Center or picked up in person by the instructor during open hours up to 30 minutes before closing. Please check our hours.
- Untaken tests are destroyed or returned to the division at the end of each semester.
Final Exam Week
During final exam week, Testing Centers do not proctor make-up tests except for students with documented disabilities. Faculty must make accommodations for their own students who choose to travel and miss exams.
Scantron Machines are available in each division. For special testing requests that do not adhere to the guidelines, please contact a Testing Center staff member at 703.323.3833 or email@example.com.
Reserving Private Rooms
Students must drop off their Memorandum of Accommodations at the testing center, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org in the beginning of every semester.
- Students must reserve a room in advance (a week prior is preferred) by either calling us at 703-323-3149, or emailing us at email@example.com. For students who walk in, the room will be offered based on availability.
- Students who do not show up within 30 minutes of their scheduled time will lose their appointment.