The Open Computer Lab (OCL) in CT 228 provides a variety of services for students, staff and faculty at the Annandale Campus.
The labs have a collection of software including programming, MS Office, graphics and other applications which support instructional programs.
Questions about Canvas?
The Labs Provide:
- Windows and Mac computers.
- Microsoft Office 2016.
- Specialized course software.
- Help setting up your laptop wireless connection and printer setup.
- Java tutor available - check schedule.
SOFTWARE Station Number ACEprint drive BW & Color All Adobe CC Suite 2018 21-24 / 27-30 Android Studio 1-10 App Inventor 1-10 Atom All AutoCAD 2019 11-20 Brackets All Core FTP All Eclipse Neon 3 All Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 1-10 FireFox, Google Chrome, IE All Flash Player All Flowgorithm 3-10 Inventor 2019 11-20 Java Development Kit (JDK) SE 10.0.01 All jGRASP IDE 1-10 Libre Office 7-10 LockDown Browser 7-10 Logisim 1-10 MARIE Simulator 1-10 MATLab 11-20 Microsoft Office 2016 All Multisim 7-10 MySQL (password: Spring2019) 7-10 NetBeans IDE 1-10 Notepad++ All Revit 2019 11-20 Scene Builder 1-10 SPSS 25 11-20 SQL Server 2014 3-6 Sublime Text 2 All Virtual Box 7-10 Windows 10 All WireShark 1-2
Students must be currently enrolled at NOVA to use the Open Computer Lab. Continuing Education students can use a library card with a photo ID to access the lab.
Staff and faculty may use the Open Computer Lab and the Faculty & Staff Resource Center.
- Food and drinks are prohibited in the computer labs and classrooms.
- Place trash in the proper containers and unwanted white paper in recycle bins.
- Children or pets are not allowed in the Open Computer Lab or computer classrooms at any time.
- Keep noise to a minimum. The Open Computer Lab is a place for quiet academic study.
- Loud or profane language for any reason will not be tolerated and may cause dismissal from the Center.
- Use of the Internet is for course related and research work only.
- Students performing research on the Internet have priority over those who are "surfing the Web" for recreation.
Appropriate Use of Computers
The computers in the Centers may only be used for college related tasks and activities. The computers are not intended to be used for games or pornographic activities.
- Only college owned and/or course required software may be used on the computers.
- Reproducing computer software without permission violates U.S. Copyright Law.
- Students must supply their own disks or flash drives.
- Centers and classrooms are not responsible for lost items.
- Students can't save to the hard drive unless instructed to save in a specific directory.
- Do not attempt repairs or adjustments on the equipment yourself.
- Do not change any of the software or hardware configurations under any circumstances.
- If you have a problem, contact one of the lab staff or put a note on the monitor indicating that it is malfunctioning.
- Student laptops and personal computers may not be hooked up to the college network in the classrooms or open centers.
- Using computer technology to access other student’s work is prohibited.
- At the end of each class close all applications.
- The Centers and classrooms have printing policies.
- Readable output is provided on laser printers.
- Open Computer Lab has a pay printer system.
- Printing of multiple copies in classrooms is restricted.
- Conserve paper -- the supply is limited.
- Only use supplied paper for printers unless other permission is granted by the lab manager.