M.A.S.T.E.R. Math Lab
Priority registration for continuing students - November 6
Open registration begins for all students - November 13
If you have only 1 or 2 units to complete, please ask the math department for details about MTH 95.
The M.A.S.T.E.R. Math Lab is NOVA's developmental math program. It consists of 10 units, taking you from Whole Number Operations through Functions, Quadratic Equations, and Parabolas. You get personalized assistance when you need it and computer-based instruction when you do not. You spend an equal amount of time each week in the classroom and in the M.A.S.T.E.R. Math Lab.
The purpose of the M.A.S.T.E.R. Math Lab:
- For campus developmental math student.
- There is always help in the lab from faculty, lab personel and tutors.
- Students can:
- Work on homework.
- Complete quizzes and tests.
- View PowerPoints and videos.
- Complete notes and turn them in for grading before taking quizzes.
- Get help as needed.
- Unit Descriptions
- Course Descriptions
- Unit 0 - Operations With Whole Numbers
- Unit 1 - Operations With Fractions
- Unit 2 - Operations With Decimals and Percentages
- Unit 3 - Algebra Basics
- Unit 4 - First Degree Equations and Inequalities in One Variable
- Unit 5 - Linear Equations, Inequalities and Systems of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Unit 6 - Exponents, Factoring and Polynomial Equations
- Unit 7 - Rational Expressions and Equations
- Unit 8 - Rational Exponents and Radicals
- Unit 9 - Functions, Quadratic Equations and Parabolas
Credits for developmental math do not count toward graduation, but if you do not place into a ccollege-levelcourse, MTT math is a prerequisite for all other math courses.
Which MTT course you take depends upon the number of units needed. The Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for mathematics is aligned with the MTT units.
Course Students BSK1: Whole Numbers Students who did not pass any units on the VPT and are starting in unit 0. MTT 1: Developmental Mathematics (Technology-Based) I Students who are required to complete exactly one unit. MTT 2: Developmental Mathematics (Technolgy-Based) II Students who are required to complete exactly two units. MTT 3: Developmental Mathematics (Technology-Based) III Students who are required to complete exactly three units. MTT 4: Developmental Mathematics (Technology-Based) IV Students who are required to complete four or more units.
If you need help determining which M.A.S.T.E.R. Math course you need, please contact Student Services or visit the Math Department on your campus.