Welcome to Technology Innovation in Learning and Teaching (TILT) at the Alexandria Campus!
TILT integrates educational technology into the curriculum to help faculty, staff and students achieve their teaching and learning goals. TILT staff support educational technologies that contribute to NOVA’s academic excellence by increasing student engagement with course materials, supporting active learning strategies, fostering communication and collaboration, streamlining course administration, and developing students’ skills for future learning and work. TILT staff continually research, monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of educational technologies on the teaching and learning experiences of faculty and students, and share these findings with the campus community.
Our services include individual and group training, scheduled workshops, equipment check-out and setup, video assistance, graphic design and web assistance.
If you are interested in receiving training through TILT or starting a project with us, please contact us at any time at ALTILT@nvcc.edu.
- training in educational technology
- support for presentations and other media
- audio and/or video recording of classroom activities based on staff availability
- digital photographic services (digital, video and web cameras)
- basic digital video editing
- traditional graphic art assistance
- basic computer graphics and page layout assistance
- basic computer/software/communications help
- basic Internet and web page assistance
- audio teleconferencing
- campus electronic bulletin board service
- TILT Multimedia Room (see below for details)
Equipment reservations and appointments for services are highly recommended. Please email ALTILT@nvcc.edu.
- Unreserved equipment is issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Staff are available to work with you for training or assistance on various projects by appointment. For more information, email us at ALTILT@nvcc.edu to get in touch with an individual team member.
- We offer training on a regular basis for using the educational technology we provide. Check out the Training & Events Calendar to see what we have planned!
- Equipment that has not already been reserved is available to support off-campus programs.
- Equipment can also be reserved for weekend classroom use. Contact us for details.
- Most classrooms have LCD projectors, projection screens, ELMO document cameras and wall mounted speakers permanently installed in them.
- Prerecorded videos in DVD format are available from the Library (Bisdorf Building, Room AA 232). NOTE: All duplication and recording is subject to Copyright Laws.