Adjunct Faculty Suite
Room AA 483 is designated as office space for adjunct faculty. Several desks, computers, printers and filing drawers are available for faculty use. You can obtain the access code from your division office.
Whenever possible, adjunct faculty are encouraged to use Canvas for materials to be distributed to students. There are six copy machines available for adjunct use in Bisdorf and one in the Tyler building. You may use any of these copiers. Please contact LASS division for copiers 1 and 2, the Provost Office for copier 3, and MSTB division for copiers 4, 5 and 6 if there are problems.
- Copier 1: AA-252, adjacent to LASS front desk
- Copier 2: back of AA-252
- Copier 3: AT-249
- Copier 4: AA-427
- Copier 5: AA-362A
- Copier 6: front of AA-352 office area
- Classroom Issues
- Computer Workstation
- Professional Development Opportunities
- NOVA Class and Course Information
- Technology Issues
- Academic Success Center: help students achieve academic goals through a variety of support programs including: appointment tutoring in several subjects; walk-in math tutoring and writing assistance; success coaching; study skills development; workshops; and excellent online resources.
- Disability Services: help students with disabilities.
- New Student Orientation: New Student Orientation (NSO) gives students and parents the opportunity to learn about resources at NOVA, including degree and certificate programs, financial aid programs, transfer agreements and success skills. Students will also receive information on choosing classes and learn how to register for classes online.
- Peer Tutoring: Provides information for students who need tutors and for students interesting in becoming tutors.
- Testing Centers: All campuses
- IT Help Desk: College Level support for network and desktop applications.
- Canvas Training for Faculty and Staff
- Canvas Information & Tutorials
- Handbooks and Policy Manuals (adjunct, faculty and classified)
- Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs: College, state and federal grant opportunities.
- Professional Development: Information about the Faculty Professional Development Subcommittee.
- Technology Innovation in Learning and Teaching (TILT): TILT's mission is to integrate educational technology into the curriculum by helping faculty, staff, and students use technology to achieve their teaching and learning goals.
Adjunct faculty are required to use their NOVA email account in all electronic communication with students or the College.