Apply for Admission and I-20 Form
Once the student has passed their assigned PPREP Program they will be eligible to enroll into English 111 and can begin their Associate degree program on a full time basis.
Please be aware that PPREP is only offered at Alexandria and Loudoun for Levels 3,4 and 5 and at Manassas and Woodbridge only for Levels 4 and 5.
Application Windows for PPREP Program
Overseas or Change of Status Applications
- Fall Semester: February 15 to June 30
- Spring Semester: July 15 to November 30
F-1 Transfer Applications
- Fall Semester: February 15 to August 1
- Spring Semester: July 15 to December 15
- 1. Online Application
- 2. International Student Application Fee
- 3. I-20 Application Form
- 4. F-1 Financial Statement Form
- 5. Bank Statement
- 6. Proof of Completion of Secondary Education
- 7. Passport
- 8. Provide Standardized English Test Score
1. Online Application
Make a note of the Student Information System ID (SIS ID) that is created at the end of the application. Please write this ID number on all your other forms.
- Apply Online
- The application asks about your educational goals. If you plan to pursue a degree after the Bridge program, please include the academic program you intend to pursue at NOVA. You must choose an associate's degree program. (Due to the restricted nature of some programs such as Veterinary Technology and Dental Hygiene, some programs are currently not available to F-1 students.)
- Make a note of the Student Information System ID (SIS ID) that is created at the end of the application. Please write this ID number on all your other Admission forms.
2. International Student Application Fee
If you plan on changing your status to F1 in the U.S., you should meet with an International Student Advisor in the Office of International Students before paying the fee.
Submit a non-refundable International Student Application fee of $75.
Students have two options to pay the fee.
**NOVA cannot take credit cards, personal checks or cash deposits. If a cash or check deposit is made directly to BB&T it cannot be honored.
1. Money Order: You may pay the fee by attaching a money order made out to Northern Virginia Community College to your I-20 application package.
2. You may remit your payment to Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) via bank transfer or ACH transfer to the following bank account:
Please include your full name and student SIS number. Transfers that do not include your name and SIS number will have to be returned because we cannot identify the student account to credit.
Bank Name: Branch Banking and Trust Co. – BB&T
Bank Address: 4401 Backlick Road, Annandale, VA 22003
Account Name: NVCC General Fund – Local
Bank Routing #: 051404260
Bank Account #: 0000151037216
SWIFT #: BRBTUS33
Please note NOVA does not accept funds in excess of $75. If excess funds are sent to NOVA, the entire amount of the transfer will be returned to the originating institution.
3. I-20 Application Form
Download, complete, print and sign the I-20 Application Form.
4. F-1 Financial Statement Form
If you have a sponsor, please have the sponsor complete and sign the second page of the F-1 form.
5. Bank Statement
Provide recent bank statements from your financial sponsor dated no more than six months before the start of the semester for which you are applying.
6. Proof of Completion of Secondary Education
Provide evidence that you have completed the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. If the documentation is not in English, you need to submit an official English translation. Please do not send original diplomas or certificates as we cannot return them to you. (NOTE: If the documentation is not in English, you need to submit an official English translation.)
- Certified copy of your secondary school diploma or certificate equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma OR
- Evidence of your attendance in college or university level studies.
- Participants in a J-1 Au Pair or Summer Work Travel program may demonstrate that they have met this requirement by providing a copy of your DS-2019.
- If you are currently still in high school but will graduate soon, please ask your school to provide an official letter stating the date by which you will complete your studies. You must complete your secondary education before you begin classes at NOVA.
Provide a photocopy of your passport ID page.
8. Provide Standardized English Test Score
New students to NOVA applying to PPREP must submit either a TOEFL IBT or IELTS test score in order to be placed in the program. Test scores must be within past two years.
If you are a current NOVA student and you are applying for a Change of Level, you will be placed in PPREP based on your current Accuplacer Score and level assignment. Please submit your blue Accuplacer score sheet with your application.
This program is meant to prepare students for academic English proficiency while also allowing them to take some academic coursework at the same time. Academic coursework during this program will be limited to courses that do not require English 111 as a prerequisite.Level 3: 3 semesters
TOEFL 53-64/IELTS 4.5-5.0/Accuplacer 3Level 4: 2 semesters TOEFL 65-78/IELTS 5.5-6.0/Accuplacer 4Level 5: 1 semester TOEFL 79-94/IELTS 6.5-7.0/Accuplacer 5
The code for reporting TOEFL scores to Northern Virginia Community College is 5515.
If you have DO NOT HAVE AN IELTS OR TOEFL SCORE but have a score on any of the below standardized tests (valid in last two years) we will consider placement based on score submitted.
- SAT: score on Critical Reading and Writing
- ACT: score on both the English and Writing subtests
- PTE: Academic score