Welcome to the Northern Virginia Community College Website
- Your I-20 must be in status as it will need to be verified by your current institution before NOVA will accept your visa transfer.
- The international application fee will not be refunded if your visa status cannot be verified by your current institution.
- Apply to NOVA: in one of the three programs based on your English proficiency; ESL Pathway, Intensive Englishor the Degree Program.
- Upload all the required documents in the online application, including a copy of your current I-20.
- OIS will issue you a conditional acceptance letter and F-1 Status Verification Form within ten working days of receiving your completed application.
- Sign the student section of the Verification Form and give it to your current school adviser with a copy of your NOVA acceptance letter.
- Your advisor must complete the advisor’s section of the Verification Form and return it to NOVA.
- Your advisor should release your SEVIS record (I-20) to the specific NOVA campus (AL, AN, MA, LO, WO) where you will be studying.
- You may register for classes after the F-1 Status Verification Form has been returned to OIS.
- Your new I-20 will be issued within two weeks of the date your SEVIS record is released to NOVA.
- You may register for classes and begin studying while you wait for your I-20 to be issued.