Welcome to the Northern Virginia Community College Website

Accessibility Navigation:

What degree programs does NOVA offer?
NOVA offers over 100 different associate’s degree programs, career studies certificates and specializations. Please refer to the NOVA College Catalog for a full list of our General Curriculum Programs.
How long will my I-20 be issued for?
We issue degree level I-20s for three years. We must see that you have funding promised for the entire three years before we can issue the document. If you have studied at NOVA previously, we may issue the I-20 for a shorter period, based on how long we estimate it will take you to complete the requirements for your degree.
Can I transfer to another school in the U.S. after I complete the associate’s degree program?
Yes. Students may transfer to any school in the US that is approved to host F-1 students. NOVA has Guaranteed Admissions Agreements with over 50 colleges and universities in the US including George Mason University, the University of Virginia, Old Dominion University, Virginia Commonwealth University and the College of William and Mary. Guaranteed Admissions
Can I bring my spouse or child with me when I study in the U.S.?
Yes. If you would like to bring your spouse or child with you to the U.S. while studying at NOVA, you are required to demonstrate financial ability to support these dependents. The College estimates the additional cost of bringing a spouse to be approximately $6,300 USD per year and the additional cost for each child to be approximately $3,150 USD.