Follow This Step-by-Step Checklist to Get Started:
- Apply for Admission
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Take Placement Tests
- Contact a Virtual Advisor or Counselor in Student Services at Your Campus
- Register for Classes
- Pay Your Tuition
- Buy Your Books
- Activate Your Email Account
If you believe you qualify for in-state tuition rates, complete the in-state tuition section of the application form before enrolling and paying tuition.
Most new students should take the English and math placement tests.
- Tests are given at each campus testing center.
- Photo ID and Student ID number (issued upon completion of the application or found on your NOVACard) are required.
Allow approximately two hours for each test.
NOVA’s virtual advising can help you at any step in your goals. Please contact us if with any questions! Visit Virtual Advising for more information.
The counselors at NOVA’s Student Services Centers can help you with scheduling, admissions, academic advising, tutoring, transcript requests, transfer information, internships and career services.
- Enroll online with NOVAConnect. First-time students are encouraged to enroll in SDV 100 or another student development course during their first semester.
- Learn more about registration.
Activate your free email account.
- To protect your privacy, instructors may only use a student's official NOVA email address.
- You will receive updates on course changes and other pertinent information through your NOVA email account.
Important Notice: Students cannot activate their VCCS student email until they have enrolled for classes. All fees must be paid before students can access their email.