So you are all registered for classes, your tuition is paid and you have your books! So WHAT NOW?
To make sure you are your BEST self, here are a few tips and trick to make sure you stay on top of everything:
- Use an agenda to keep track of assignment due dates and other information dates.
Studyin “CHUCKS”. Break up tasks and works to make it more manageable.
- Create the right environment that will promote your learning.
- Listen to study music. Try Classical or Jazz - something without lyrics (so you won’t be singing to your favorite songs).
- Stay Organized.
- Find a study buddy. A study buddy can help with holding you accountable and makes studying less boring.
- Turn off SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Ask your professor questions, before leaving the class.
- Take breaks!
- Use flash cards (Yes, they work!).
College isn’t only about studying and classes…..
A holistic college experience maximizes learning and develops social and leadership skills. Here at NOVA, there are several clubs and organizations to get involved in.