Where to Start?
Entering or re-entering into the college setting can be very exciting. Knowing how and where to start can be intimidating. Please follow this step-by-step checklist to get started:
- Submit an application for admission: Online or Download Paper Application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at least six weeks before the payment deadline. Learn more about NOVA Financial Aid.
- Now that you have completed steps 1-4, its time to meet with an ACP staff member to discuss your academic options. An ACP staff member will be able to assist you with academic and career advising.
- Counselors are available to help with scheduling, admissions, tutoring, transcript requests, transfer and internships. Visit one of NOVA's Student Services Center to meet with a counselor.
- Let’s get registered! You can register for classes online with NOVAConnect.
- Payment for your classes must be made by the payment deadline (deadlines vary). Learn more about Paying Your Tuition and Payment Methods.
- We are almost finished! Buying books. Learn more about buying your textbooks at the NOVA bookstore.
- Activate your NOVA email account. The College uses this address for official communication.
Now you are all set to GO! If you have any comments, concerns or questions as you navigate this process, please reach out to a staff member at email@example.com.