NOVA students must take an SDV course within their first 15 semester hours at the College. This requirement may be met in several ways:
- Take the course on campus or online (1 credit hour).
- Received transfer credit from another college to fulfill the requirement.
- Pass the SDV ABLE Exam with a score of 38 or better.
About the Exam
The exam is free. There are 50 questions that reflect the course content of SDV 100. The exam may be taken only one time. You will receive your score at the end of your exam. Credit will be applied, if appropriate, to your permanent record.
- First time to college students, ages 17-24, are ineligible to take the exam in their first year.
- Students who have previously taken an SDV course and earned an A - F grade are ineligible to take the exam.
- If your program requires SDV101, check with the academic department to determine if the SDV ABLE exam will fulfill the requirement.
View more information in the Credit for Prior Learning Manual.
NOTE: If you wish to use the exam results to fulfill the course requirement you should drop the course before the Census Date for a full tuition refund, or no later than the last day to withdraw without grade penalty.