Home > Academics > Hybrid Courses > For Faculty > Course Redesign > Blackboard Checklist
Hybrid Blackboard Site Basic Checklist
Before You Make Course Available to Students:
- Course Settings and Design:
- Custom named buttons or menu bar
- Individualized “look”
- buttons or menu bar?
- color scheme, images, banners?
- No dead end links, extraneous buttons or folders under which nothing exists.
- Course Announcement:
- Personalized initial Announcement to students
- Course Information:
- List of course goals and objectives for your course
- Print-friendly Syllabus included
- Online Syllabus in folders, units
- Attendance Policy -- for both face to face and online
- Late Policy -- for face to face attendance and late online work
- Netiquette Statement
- Faculty/Staff Information:
- Your professional/personal information
- Assignments categorized as Weeks, Projects, Modules, Units, or whatever organizational principle you choose
- Assignments/learning activities “blended”; the online and face-to-face work should be interrelated
- Correct due dates on assignments, activities, etc.
- Explanation of how you will communicate to students online
- Explanation of how online communication will be assessed
- Explanation of assessments to students (writing assignments, quizzes, exams, etc.)
- Links to discipline specific course resources
- College resources