Phone, Cell Phone and Data Card Ordering
Phone, Cell Phone, & Data Card Ordering
for College Offices, Faculty, and Staff
Requests for college phones and phone service are made using Form 105-45 (page 2) and must be sent or faxed to the IT Help Desk. (All prices are subject to change based on current state contracts.)
These procedures cover the college standards, options, and ordering procedures for the following college telephone and cell phone services:
- Desk Phones
- Soft Phones (Phones on a Laptop)
- College Cell
- Smart Phones and PDAs
- Laptop Air Cards
College Desk Phones
- All faculty, staff and adjunct desks should be provided with a college desk phone.
- Only CISCO IP Phones may be connected to the college network.
- Individual departments/campuses are responsible for the cost of new phones which must be ordered through the IT Help Desk.
- The current standard desk phone is the Cisco 7960.
- For special applications, the more basic Cisco 7910/7911/7912 may be used.
- There is no cost to the department for new phone service or changes that are part of the college network.
- Individual departments/campuses are responsible for cost of new cabling.
- Requests for new telephone instruments, new lines of service, changes to existing service, and new cabling must be made on Form 105-45. A signed 105-25 with the appropriate account number must accompany any request for new equipment.
- Requests for changes to the telephone screen programming should be sent to the IT Help Desk.
- Cost for phones and available accessories are:
Cisco 7960 Full-Feature Desk Phone ($351)
Cisco 7910 Desk Phone with no features ($250)
(Modes changing, limited availability. Pricing soon,)
Expansion Module for additional buttons ($295)
College Software (Soft Phones)
- A limited number of Cisco Soft Phones are available for laptop computers. This software lets the laptop function as a regular college telephone on the college network when used with a standard headset and microphone.
- Soft Phones require that the laptop be connected to the College through a Virtual Private Network (VPN) the Internet, and may not work in all locations (such as hotels) due to local firewalls.
- Individual departments/campuses are responsible for the cost of the Soft Phone software and headset/microphones.
- Requests for Soft Phones must be made on Form 105-45 (page 2). A signed 105-25 with the appropriate account number must accompany the request.
- Cost for Cisco Soft Phone ($150)
Cost for headset/microphone – approx. $25 at local stores (avoid cheap ones)
Laptop Data Air Cards
- Laptop Data Air Cards fit into a slot on most laptops and allow them to connect with the Internet through the Cellular Network just like a cell phone.
- The college is required to order laptop data air cards from the current state contract(s) with Cingular/AT&T. Any exceptions require a waiver from the state and must go through the Vice President for Instructional & Information Technology.
- Data Air Cards do not work in all locations and speed varies with location. Where cellular data service is available, speeds are typically faster than dial-up through a telephone line, but much slower than broadband or regular network speeds.
- A Laptop Data Card requires both the hardware (card) and Data Service.
- Individual departments/campuses are responsible for the cost of Data Air Cards and data service.
- Data service charges must be prepaid through the end of the current fiscal year. (Prepayments beyond the current fiscal year are not possible, because the central budget is charged monthly by the state, and there is no means to carry prepayments forward to future years.)
- Requests for Air Cards and service must be made on Form 105-45 (page 2. A signed 105-25 with the appropriate account number must accompany any request for new equipment.
- Current pricing:
Air Card – ($150) AT&T Service
Data Service – ($70)