Welcome to the Northern Virginia Community College Website

Accessibility Navigation:



Currently, the official NOVA transcript of a student’s academic record will be issued at no charge by the College Records Office. Official transcripts are released only after a student has completed one course at NOVA. Students may print their own unofficial transcript from NOVAConnect.

Information for ordering transcripts is available on the NOVA website. Students who completed courses from fall 2001 to the present must go online and order a transcript through MYNOVA.  Requests submitted Sunday-Thursday are processed and mailed within 24 hours except when the College is closed (Winter Break, holidays, inclement weather closings). Students who completed courses prior to fall 2001 or have forgotten their Student ID# must select the inactive tab (available on the NOVA website) to order an official transcript.  Hard copy requests can be faxed to 703.813.6022 or mailed to: College Records Office, Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, VA 22003.  Please note this method requires a longer processing time.

All transcript requests that are addressed to students will be stamped “Issued to Student.”

Urgent Emergency Transcript Request

  • Overnight/priority or express mail service:  It is the student’s responsibility to go to the UPS or USPS* websites and follow the pre-pay instructions for using UPS or USPS* services. Students should have the pre-paid label emailed to AsktheCRO@nvcc.edu. Once received, the label is forwarded to the CRO transcript coordinator for processing; copies of the labels are scanned to ImageNow for verification of processing. 
    *Please note, requests submitted using USPS (United States Postal Service) need to be submitted no later than 10:00 a.m. to be processed and mailed the same day; mail is picked up at noon. Requests received after 10:00 a.m. will be processed and mailed the following work day.
  • Urgent Express Mail Service (UEMS) for expedited overnight service to foreign countries: Students must contact the Office of International Student Services (OISS) to obtain information, the mailing label, and coordinate payment.  An official transcript request form must be submitted to the CRO with an indication that arrangements have been made with OISS to use the UEMS service.  The CRO will process the transcript(s) and deliver to OISS for UEMS pickup.