Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate Program
NOVA's Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate Program prepares you to teach English as a Second Language to adults by combining language acquisition theory with guided teaching practice from experienced instructors with advanced degrees. NOVA's TESOL Certificate Program meets TESOL International Association's 2015 Standards for Short-Term TEFL/TESL Certificate Programs.
NOVA's TESOL Certificate Program (132 hours) includes:
- In-person and online teacher training in language acquisition methodologies
- An ESL teaching practicum with the American Culture & Language Institute
- Constructive feedback & evaluation on teaching demonstrations
- Job placement assistance
To earn a TESOL Certificate from NOVA, participants should complete 20 workshops and 10 hours of adult ESL class observation. The program is designed for workshops to be taken in a certain order.
Early Childhood (VA-ECAP)
This program is a joint offering from Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) and The Source for Learning, Inc. (SFL). The Virginia Early Childhood Administrator Professional Credential (VA-ECAP) is a new online credentialing program designed to satisfy one or more of the following requirements:
- Enhance the quality of your early childhood program and meet Virginia competencies for early childhood professionals.
- Earn 35 points towards meeting Relevant Training and Credentials for NAEYC’s Accreditation of Early Childhood Programs administrator qualifications, criterion 10.A.02, in the Alternative Pathways to Achieve Educational Qualifications of the Designated Program Administrator. (Established Model) - NAEYC Recognized Credential!
- Comply with Virginia’s child care center licensing management training requirement (22 VAC 40-185-190 B).