Cloud Associate Apprenticeship for Military and Veterans
NOVA Workforce is proud to partner with Amazon Web Services to offer an innovative, high-tech apprenticeship program for Virginia residents. Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants, with a military background, to join their Cloud Associate Apprenticeship Program. If accepted, apprentices will be provided both formalized IT training and on the job training leading to an opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams. As an apprentice, you will have a unique opportunity to combine technical and hands-on training with Amazon Web Services team as they help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud.
- Earn in‐demand IT credentials: AWS Solutions Architecture, CompTIA Linux+, Network+.
- 16-month program: 4 months training + 12 months on‐the‐job training at Amazon’s Herndon, VA facility.
- Apprentices will be paid during their entire training period, with incremental wage increases as you learn. Cloud Associatet Apprenticeship will be the participants’ full-time job.
- In-classroom training Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- All prospective candidates should submit their resume and contact information to Trung Ngo.
- Classroom training will be taught at NOVA’s new state-of-the-art Workforce Regional Center located in Woodbridge, just off I-95 in Prince William County.
- Applications will be accepted until June 18, 2017 at midnight (EST).
- Course begins on Monday July 17, 2017.
Want to apply? Make sure you have the following qualifications!
- Honorably discharged veteran, transitioning service member, or military spouse.
- 0-5 years design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed software applications and architectures.
- Undergraduate or graduate technical degree required in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field + 4 years of hands on technical work experience.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher or equivalent in your academic program.
Please be advised that this position requires the applicant selected to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligibility and access. A US Government administered polygraph examination will be required. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.