Management Practices Certificate
Our Certificate in Management Practices provides a firm foundation in management, with an emphasis on practical and applicable skills and techniques. The program is designed for those starting out in management positions or those wishing to take on a more supervisory role in their career. The courses are based on the essential management functions – Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Leading and Controlling – as well as their relationship to one another.
Note: For students who began the Certificate Program prior to spring 2014, completed coursework will qualify towards the revised certificate program. Questions? Call 703-450-2551.
- What Management Is, What Managers Do
- Fundamentals of Planning
- Successful Delegation
- Essential Managerial Skills for Human Resource Management
- Leading for Maximum Results!
- Exercising Managerial Control
- Positioning Diversity for Greater Employee Performance
- Teamwork for Today’s Work Environment
- Successful Time Management – How to Stay in Control