Please click the following collapsible panels to view the related resources.
- Blackboard & Blackboard Collaborate
- LAN Accounts, Email Support & NOVAConnect
- Web Access, Symposium / SMART Board
- Library, Web Page Design & Microsoft Office 2010
- Google Apps, Rosetta Stone, Panpato, Sharepoint
Blackboard & Blackboard Collaborate
- How do I find my user name and password?
- How do I change my password?
- Blackboard Tutorials
- How do I create a voice board in Blackboard?
LAN Accounts, Email Support & NOVAConnect
- What is my email address?
- How do I check my email off campus?
- How do I block junk email and spam in Outlook?
- How to set up an Exchange account on the Android phone?
- Web Access, Symposium / SMART Board
Library, Web Page Design & Microsoft Office 2010
Web Page Design With Microsoft Expression
- How do I create a new site from the Expression templates?
- How do I create a new page from the dynamic Web template?
- How do I create/organize the folder in the website?
- How do I modify the site/page property?
- How do I insert text in Expression?
- How to Insert/Edit Image in Expression?
- How do I create hyperlinks?
- How do I create an email hyperlink?
- How do I publish my Web pages to the NOVA website?
Microsoft Office 2010
Google Apps, Rosetta Stone, Panpato, Sharepoint
Rosetta Stone Language Learning
- Rosetta Stone Course Online (PowerPoint file)
- Rosetta Stone Manager (PowerPoint file)
- Rosetta Stone Training Guide
- Course Content Scope & Sequence
- Content Descriptions Level 1-5
- Selecting a Headset Microphone to Use With Rosetta Stone
- Bench Marking Suggestions (Excel file)
- Calculations for Bench Mark (PNG file)
- Grading Within Rosetta Stone Manager Using Benchmarking Guidelines
- Website: Knowledge Base for Rosetta Stone
- Website: Online Version of User's Guides & Course Content
Workshops & One-on-One Consultations
Please check out the training topics below. Individual training is also offered upon the request. Appointments are strongly recommended to ensure availability.
We only have 12 seats for each workshop or training session in Room 438. Please fill out Workshop Registration Form to reserve your seat.
Other Services Requests
Please send your service request to email@example.com.
In order to provide high quality products and services to you, please send your request in advance so we have enough time to work on your request. Please give us at least one week lead time for each request.
- Adobe Dreamweaver & Blackboard
- iPad, Evernote, Google Drive & Powerpoint
- MS Office, Kurzweil, MS Outlook & Publisher
- Quizlet, Panpoto, RSS Feeder & WordPress
- Other Information
Adobe Dreamweaver & Blackboard
Adobe Dreamweaver Basics
This session will help you create a basic Web page with Adobe Dreamweaver. By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- set up the site
- add text
- insert tables and images
- create hyperlinks
- save the page and preview the page
- upload to the NOVA server
Blackboard Grade Center
By the end of this session participants will be able to input the grade, manage the grade center setting, set up weighted total and export the grade sheet.
By the end of this session participants will be able to create a synchronous collaborate session, send the invitation, host a session with recording and share the recording.
By the end of this session participants will be able to use the Voice Board, Voice Email, Mashup Voice Authoring tool, Voice Podcaster, etc.
Blackboard Adaptive Release & Others
By the end of this session participants will be able to create different adaptive release rules that match their needs. The Blackboard Mashups concept will be introduced in this session.
iPad, Evernote, Google Drive & Powerpoint
BYOD: Creating Content on the Go With iPad
Two iPad Apps will be introduced to create a narrated presentation which can be shared instantly. If you don’t have iPad, learn them via a Web browser. By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- be familiar with Educreation and ShowMe
- create a narrated presentation with one of the apps
- share the screencast online
Evernote for Educators
This session introduces the Web 2.0 tool Evernote. By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- understand the concept of Evernote
- create an Evernote
- use the Web clipper feature
- sync the notes
- share the notes
- use the Evernnote App for mobile device
Clouds: Google Drive
Do you want to access your file from anywhere anytime? Are you looking for an easy way to share the information? Come to this session and learn about the concept of Clouds. By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- manage the folders and files in Google Drive
- synch the files in different devices
- create docs, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, forms and drawing through Google Drive
- share the files via Google Drive
Integrate Video/Audio Into PowerPoint
The facilitator will guide you to insert various multimedia content into your existing PowerPoint. By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- add audio to PowerPoint
- record a voice over the PowerPoint
- embed video clips in the slides
MS Office, Kurzweil, MS Outlook & Publisher
Keyboard Shortcut in MS Office Applications
The keyboard shortcuts will help you speed up your usage of the computer. During this session, the facilitator will show you many useful shortcuts for MS Office applications.
This session will introduce the assistive technology Kurzweil installed on campus computers that helps students who struggle with printed text.
MS Outlook: Manage the Emails
By the end of this session participants will be able to create folders, create rules to organize the emails, clean up the email box, etc.
MS Publisher Design for Flyer/Poster
By the end of this session participants will be familiar with the MS Publisher application interface and create their own flyer/poster.
Quizlet, Panpoto, RSS Feeder & WordPress
Quizlet: A Fun Game to Study Terms
Quizlet is a free online learning tool for students and teachers. The users can create "sets" of terms to study under several study mode: Speller, Flash Cards, Learn, Test, Scatter, Space Race, etc. By the end of this session participants can: 1) explore the basic game characteristics; 2) create a set of terms in Quizlet; and 3) discuss the implementation in the class.
Flip Your Classroom With Panopto Lecture Capture
By the end of this session participants will know about the recording process, understand the procedures, upload the recordings to the server, share the recording and explore the possibility of using this new lecture capture tool in the classroom.
Tools Replacing Google Reader for Your RSS Feeder
Google decides to stop the Google Reader service. What can be used to replace this handy RSS feeder? By the end of this session participants will understand what RSS means, and how to subscribe the resource through new RSS feeder such as feedly.com, flipboard, zite, etc.
This session will introduce the NOVA blog service WordPress. During training you will learn how to use the NOVA WordPress template to create your own blog. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your blog account with your preferred email address (NVCC or VCCS) and your full name. The blog may be used for your individual teaching or the group.
If you can't make it to one of our workshops due to a time conflict, please contact us for an individual consultation.
Please register for TAC workshops here.