Instructional Support Services (ISS) is academic focused, customer centered and proactive in implementing innovative technology for successful teaching, learning and productivity committed to serving NOVA faculty and staff technology needs in a timely and professional manner.
Please click the following tabbed panels to view the services we offer.
- Course Support
- Tech Support
- Web Assistance
- assist with setting up and adding content to Blackboard course sites
- provide ongoing support to faculty in the use of Blackboard course sites
- provide ongoing support to faculty on the best practices for integrating new technology into their teaching
- provide training on the use of NOVAConnect (entering grades, printing class rosters, etc.)
- provide semester workshops for students on various topics as required
- provide instructional technology training on all college software applications and/or classroom technology equipment
- provide new staff/faculty orientations
- provide one-on-one and group training on multimedia software and the emerging Web 2.0 tools such as Google Apps, Skype, Gimp, iTunes U, Jing, etc.
- research and demonstrate the latest hardware and software technologies
- assist on both Windows and Mac platforms
- assist instructors or student "volunteers" on operating the recording equipment as needed for on campus instruction, special events and professional development
- assist with editing all recorded material and transferring to digital formats
- assist with audio recording in the new sound booth
- provide graphic support for flyers, banners, posters and signage
- assist faculty in posting course materials (syllabi, office hours, etc.) to personal Web pages
- work with college Web designers in the design, implementation and maintenance of campus Web pages
- work with campus divisions, offices, faculty and staff to develop and update campus Web pages
- assist with all facets of Web page design and maintenance