Summer Bridge Program
Are you eager to improve your math and English skills, so that you can take college level math and English courses in your first semester at college? In this six-week summer program you will receive instruction and help in math and English and complete the SDV 100-College Success Skills Course. After finishing the program, you will re-take the college placement tests to determine your eligibility for enrollment in college level courses.
- Must be a 2016 high school graduate with a high school diploma or the equivalent and be eligible for admission to NOVA.
- Must have taken English and math placement tests and have placed into developmental math and/or English.
You must participate in an interview with a program coordinator. You are selected to participate based on suitability and demonstrated commitment to successfully completing the program.
- Mandatory attendance and participation in all class sessions, activities and events.
- Enrollment in Student Development (SDV 100): This college skills course is designed to assist you in making a successful transition to college. It provides you with the academic tools you need to succeed and teaches the skills of self-management and self-responsibility that relate to being a successful student. In addition, the course helps you learn how to make responsible choices about your academic, personal and career goals. Information about the College and community resources, the College's policies and procedures, and the processes of moving effectively through the educational system are also provided.
- Increase proficiency level in basic arithmetic and algebra.
- Improve reading comprehension, pace and writing techniques.
- Receive academic planning and advising.
- Become familiar with campus resources.
- Build a support network with students, faculty and staff.
- SDV 100 Tuition & Fees ($171.25)
- Math and English Instruction
- Textbooks/Instructional Materials
- Experiential Learning
June 21 - Aug. 3, 2016
For more information, contact Tamaica Jackson at email@example.com. This program is sponsored by the Student Services Division and the Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation.