The Open Computer Lab (OCL) contains iPads, Windows (7 and 8.1) and Mac PCs for working on out-of-class assignments and projects. Linux operating system is available upon request.
The lab also contains scanners and high-speed network printers (color and black and white) for academic use. Special hours may be posted for holidays, semester breaks and summer session. Please check hours for change in hours and lab closings. To contact the Open Computer Lab, call 703.878.5713 / x5714.
Here you will find everything you need to know about the Open Computer lab and the IT Workshops we offer. If you don’t see what you are looking for please email us at WoodbridgeOCL@nvcc.edu and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Open Computer Lab Services
The Open Computer Lab offers free workshops on different technology related software and topics. The workshops are one-on-one and can be scheduled by filling out the IT Workshop Request Form.
Students may seek help from the lab assistants in registering for their classes.
Prospective students can receive help with their admissions application at the computer lab.
Lab assistants are always here to assist students with printing, scanning, using the lab software or any other questions related to lab services.
*Please note that lab assistants cannot help students with their class assignments/projects.
Students may ask for assistance from the OCL staff if they are experiencing difficulties in logging in to the computers, signing in to their NOVA Connect/Blackboard account, or connecting their devices to the NOVA Wi-Fi network.
Open Computer Lab has two HP Scanners available for student use. Students may ask the lab personnel for assistance in operating the scanners.
Headphones are available with your NOVA ID.
OCL has a variety of software installed on its computers for student use. Please contact the OCL office for information about the available software.
- All computers are connected to laser printers, operating on a pay-per-page system.
- One workstation is available for disabled individuals. Jaws and Zoom Text programs are installed.
- Students may bring their devices to the OCL to seek assistance on connecting to the NOVA Wi-Fi network.
- A plasma TV is setup for special announcements.
Policies & Procedures
- Current/Prospective students can use the lab computers for admissions, class registrations and school assignments.
- All students are required to sign in before using the lab services.
- Children, food and drinks are not permitted to the lab.
- Cell phones must be on silent mode.
- Students should avoid loud conversations or talking on the phone while in the lab.
- Lab personnel can help students with technical problems related to equipment or programs, but not with school assignments.
- Students are advised to bring their own storage media (ex. flash drives, CDs, etc.) to save their files. Any files saved on computers will be deleted on a regular bases.
- All computer work must be completed 15 minutes prior to closing time.
- Students should log off and check their work area before leaving. OCL staff are not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced items.