If you have never taken a credit or non-credit class at Northern Virginia Community College or any other Virginia community college, you must complete the Application for Admission. Click here to complete the Application for Admission online. You will receive your Student ID number when you submit your completed application. You will use this Student ID number to register for classes.
If you have taken a credit or non-credit class at Northern Virginia Community College and cannot remember your Student ID Number, click here to find it.
You may proceed with class registration by selecting one of the options listed below.
- Online: Select the course you wish to register for and follow the instructions to complete the registration and payment process using your MasterCard, VISA or American Express credit card.
- Telephone: Manassas - 703-257-6630; Woodbridge - 703-878-5770
- In Person: Manassas - Student Services Center (MH 111) - M-F, 9am-4:30pm
Woodbridge - WDCE Office, Room 226 - M-Th, 8:30am-7:30pm and F, 8:30am-5:00pm.
Cash, checks and credit cards accepted.
- Print out this Class Registration Form, complete it,
and mail with your check or money order payable to "NVCC". Send to either NVCC campus address:
WD Manassas, 6901 Sudley Road, Manassas, VA 20109;
or WD Woodbridge, 15200 Neabsco Mills Road, Woodbridge, VA 22191.
Questions or problems registering? Call Manassas - 703-257-6630 or Woodbridge - 703-878-5770.
Registration is continuous throughout the semester and remains open until the class maximum is reached. If the class you want is full, contact the Workforce Development staff for assistance. Register and pay for your course as soon as possible to avoid the disappointment of a cancelled or closed class.
The Virginia Senior Citizens Higher Education Act of 1974 and amendments allow senior citizens to take classes at no charge under certain circumstances. Before the beginning of the semester in which you want to enroll, you must have (1) reached the age of sixty and (2) had legal domicile in Virginia for one year. A senior citizen is entitled to enroll and pay no tuition on a space-available basis for the following types of courses, as specified:
1. Credit courses – eligible if taxable income did not exceed $15,000 in the previous year.
2. Credit courses for audit (receive no credit) – eligible regardless of income.
3. Non-credit courses – eligible regardless of income.
- Tuition-paying students are accommodated in courses before senior citizens participating in this program are enrolled.
- If you apply for free tuition AFTER you register and pay for a class, you are not eligible for a refund for that class. If qualified, senior citizens shall pay no tuition or fees for courses, except fees established for the purpose of paying for course materials, such as books and supplies.
- The College reserves the right to cancel any class.
- Audit and non-credit enrollment is limited to three courses in one term.
Senior citizens, who wish to take a Workforce Development course, must come in person to campus and apply to the college, present proof of age and fill out the Senior Citizen Certification of Eligibility for Free Tuition form, which may be obtained from the Workforce Development Division Office on any campus. (Note: A new Senior Citizen Certification of Eligibility form must be completed in person each semester.) Once the necessary paperwork has been filled out, the applicant must call to determine if space is available and the class is still open. For classes that begin in the morning or afternoon, students must call between 2:00 and 5:00 p.m. the day prior to the class; for evening classes, students must call between 2:00 and 5:00 p.m. the day of the class. Please call the Workforce Development Office on the campus offering the course you wish to attend. To check on class availability at the Manassas Campus, call 703-257-6630; for class availability at the Woodbridge Campus, call 703-878-5770. To guarantee a place in a course, payment is required. A senior who has already made payment for a particular course may not reverse that registration to free tuition at a later time.
The Workforce Development Division Office at Manassas is located at 9485 Innovation Drive, Room 140, Manassas; The Woodbridge Workforce Development Division Office at Woodbridge is located at the Woodbridge Campus in Room 226.