ESL for Employment
What is NOVA's ESL for Employment?
Finding a job that is right for you takes time and effort. If you are a non-native English speaker and this is your first time looking for a job in the U.S., or if you are looking for job advancement, NOVA’s ESL for Employment course can prepare you for this challenge. Read success stories from ESL for Employment students.
The goal of this course is to help you:
- Develop and improve your English language skills related to the U.S. employment market.
- Improve your communication skills to better communicate with customers,
co-workers and supervisors.
- Improve your pronunciation and fluency in American English.
- Build your confidence to compete in today’s employment market.
- Complete online and paper job applications.
- Practice job interviews.
- Prepare a professional resume (CV) and cover letter to pursue new job opportunities.
During and after this course you will:
- Be invited to attend a career education fair and learn about 10 low-cost job training programs in Northern Virginia.
- Be invited to attend a special job fair if you successfully completed the course requirements.
- Receive personalized job search assistance from NOVA’s career counselor to help achieve your career goals.
To participate in this course you need to:
- Take an ESL placement test to show satisfactory English language skills to help you succeed.
- Show documentation for employment eligibility in the U.S., such as work permit, Green Card, etc.
For information call 703-764-7779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The tuition is $225 for qualifying low and moderate-income applicants; otherwise the tuition is $520.
Register and pay online. Call 703-450-2551 to register by phone.
|Locations:||Dates and Times|
NOVA’s Alexandria Campus – Room AE 210
3001 North Beauregard Street
Alexandria, VA 22311
Mon/Wed, March 8 – May 26
NOVA's Office of Workforce Development (Pitney Bowes Building)
7630 Little River Turnpike,
Annandale, VA 22003
|Tues/Thurs, March 9 – May 27
6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
NOVA’s Reston Center - Room 309 (Tue) and 314 (Thu)
1831 Wiehle Avenue – 3rd Floor
Reston, VA 20190
Tues /Thurs, March 9 – May 27