Looking to Enter Information Technology (IT)? Consider NOVA's "TRiP" Program (VA Approved!)
"TRiP" (Technology Retraining Internship Programs) is an intensive part-time, technology training program for people interested in transitioning to a career in IT. Classes are conveniently held in the evenings and on Saturdays, with an emphasis on both classroom and hands-on training.
"TRiP" is the only program in Northern Virginia that offers an optional internship program. This experience enables you to add actual IT experience to your resume. In addition, some companies sponsoring internships offer full-time employment at the completion of the internship. For more information on the "TRiP" program, please go to http://www.nvcc.edu/wdce/annandale/specialized/tripweb/.
Individuals interested in "TRiP" should:
Attend a "TRiP" Orientation Open House.
The next orientation sessions will be held on Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
Session A - 11:00 a.m. – Noon
Session B - 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Both sessions will be held at:
Northern Virginia Community College
The Center for Employee Development
The Pitney Bowes Building
7630 Little River Turnpike, 6th floor
Annandale, Virginia 22003
The next "TRiP" session begins Saturday, June 1, 2013 with the "Networking Essentials" class.
The "TRiP" Curriculum
Students are required to complete a total of 168 class hours to finish the program.
Sixty-six (66) hours are required from the Saturday CORE courses.
The remaining 102 hours may be obtained by choosing elective courses from the list below.
Required CORE Courses:
Saturday only: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Networking Essentials - 24 hours
- TCP/IP - 18 hours
- Windows 7 Configuration - 18 hours
- CyberWatch Security - 6 hours
Sub total is 66 hours.
The remaining 102 hours can be obtained by taking Elective courses listed below. (This is only a partial listing).
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Active Directory Configuration - 25 hours
- UNIX Commands & Shell Programming - 28 hours
- Effective Web Design with Dreamweaver - Level 1 - 18 hours
- Intro to Java Programming - 19.5 hours
- Comprehensive Intro to MS Project - 14 hours
- CompTIA® Security + Certification Prep - 18 hours
- Intro to MS Access 2010 - 8 hours
- Intermediate MS Access 2010 - 16 hours
- CompTIA® A+ Cert. Prep. Essentials - Part 1 - 16 hours
- CompTIA® A+ Cert. Prep. Essentials - Part 2 - 16 hours
- CompTIA® A+ Cert. Prep. Essentials - Part 3 - 16 hours
- CompTIA® A+ Cert. Prep. Essentials - Part 4 - 16 hours
- CompTIA® Network+ Certification Prep - 24 hours
- Intro to MS Excel 2010 - 12 hours
- Intermediate MS Excel 2010 - 12 hours
All classes are taught at the Center for Employee Development (CED) – 7630 Little River Tnpk., 6th fl., Annandale, VA 22003. Course descriptions, dates, times, and prices are listed in the Information Technology & Computer Skills area.
Note: All courses listed above may NOT be offered every semester.