Seeking a New Career in Information Technology (IT)?Consider NOVA's "TRiP" Program
The Technology Retraining internship Program (TRiP) is an intensive part-time, technology training program for people interested in transitioning to an IT career. Most classes are conveniently held in the evenings and on Saturdays, with an emphasis on both classroom and hands-on training.
"TRiP" is the only program in Northern Virginia that offers an optional internship. This experience enables you to add actual IT experience to your resume. For more information, go to
If you're interested in the program, you should attend a "TRiP" Orientation Open House.
The next orientation sessions will be held on Wednesday, May 20, 2015.
• Orientation Session A: 11:00AM - 12:00PM
• Orientation Session B: 5:30PM - 6:30PM
Both sessions will be held at:
Northern Virginia Community College
Center for Employee Development
7630 Little River Tnpk., 6th Floor, Annandale, VA
Please register in advance for either orientation session by contacting:
• David Campbell: 703-323-3859
• Kofi Mitchual: 703-323-3829
The next TRiP session starts Saturday, January 24, 2015, with "Networking Essentials."
The "TRiP" Curriculum
- You are required to complete a total of 168 class hours to finish the program.
- Sixty-six (66) hours are required from the Saturday Core Courses.
- The remaining 102 hours may be obtained by choosing any IT courses from the Workforce Link
Required Saturday Core Courses:
- Networking Essentials (24 hrs)
- TCP/IP (18 hrs)
- Windows 7, Configuration (18 hrs)
- CyberWatch Security (6 hrs)
Additional Required Courses (4):
- Any Database course (Intro or Advanced)
- Any Programming course
- One MS Server 2008-R2 or 2012-R2 course
- Any Webpage Design course
CompTIA® Professional Certification Prep Courses offered:
- CompTIA® A+ Cert. Prep. Essentials - Hardware Part 1 (16 hrs)
- CompTIA® A+ Cert. Prep. Essentials - Hardware Part 2 (16 hrs)
- CompTIA® A+ Cert. Prep. Essentials - Software Part 1 (16 hrs)
- CompTIA® A+ Cert. Prep. Essentials - Software Part 2 (16 hrs)
- CompTIA® Network+ Cert. Prep. (24 hrs)
- CompTIA® Security+ Cert. Prep. (20 hrs)
Course descriptions, dates, times, and prices are listed in the IT & Computer Skills section of the Workforce Link, as well as on the NOVA website at www.nvcc.edu/wdce/annandale. All courses listed above may not be offered every semester.