Admission to the American Culture and language institute
Please Note: F-1 students must register for two intensive classes and a focus or a specialty class.
J-1 Students: Six academic credits equal 80 hours or 8.0 CEUs in Continuing Education courses.
- Complete an application online at https://apply.vccs.edu/.
- Call 703.323.3323 or 703.323.3322 to make an appointment for a writing/speaking test.
- Bring a printout with your student ID number and a picture ID to the ACLI Office (CA 114) when you come for testing.
- Register for classes after you take the test.
Register for any class at your level. Check with the ACLI counselors in CA 114 if you have questions about the best class for you.
New student on an F-1 Visa?
You must register for two intensive classes and one focus course.
To receive a refund, you must cancel your class within 7 days after the start date of the first scheduled class session. There will be no refunds after this time. All refund requests must be made in writing or in person.
- Payments made by cash or check will be refunded by a state-issued check 6 to 8 weeks after the refund request. Refund checks will be made payable to the student only, regardless of who paid for a course. Refund checks will be mailed to the studentís current mailing address.
- My NOVA payments will be refunded directly back to the credit card used within 2 weeks.