Project Management Certificate Program
The Project Management Certificate Program provides you with skills you can apply immediately, helping your organization meet both internal and external challenges. These courses use the vocabulary and methodology of the latest version of the Project Management Institute’s Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® version 5, 2012). You’ll learn about the five process groups: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing. The courses offered cover the following project management Knowledge Areas: planning and managing integration, scope, time, cost, risk, human resources, and communications.
To earn the program certificate, you must successfully complete all six core courses and pass a short exam. Individual certificates of completion will be given for each course in the program. You must attend 90% of the class hours for each course in order to receive a certificate, in addition to completing any other requirements set by the instructor.
The Continuing Education Units (CEU) awarded for the Project Management Certificate courses fully satisfy the educational requirements you need to apply for the PMP or CAPM Exam from PMI. These courses, however, are not sufficient preparation for the PMP or CAPM exam. We highly recommend that all candidates for those exams take a PMP or CAPM exam preparation course. Courses in this program can be used to earn PDUs for PMP recertification. The classes offered by NOVA fall under PMI’s Category B designation. Please see www.pmi.org for complete application and recertification requirements.
All courses may not be offered every semester. For further information, call 703-323-3168.
- Fundamentals of Project Management -OR- Fundamentals of Project Management with MS Project
- Project Quality Management
- Risk & Change Management
- Project Management Communications
- Defining & Measuring Organizational Processes
- Developing & Managing a Dynamic Team
For the PMP & CAPM Exam Prep course or the Comprehensive Intro to MS Project course, please go to the Business & Management section.
Courses offered in Spring 2014:
- Fundamentals of Project Management ($595)
- Fundamentals of Project Management with MS Project ($595)
- Risk & Change Management ($595)
- Developing & Managing a Dynamic Team ($595)
- Defining & Measuring Organizational Processes ($325)
- Project Management Communications ($325)
- Project Quality Management ($325)
Project Management courses are also offered at the following Workforce Development locations: