How to help a friend, be an active bystander, or join others in stopping abuse.
It’s On Us – Changing the Culture of Sexual Misconduct
Our goal is to create an environment in which everyone feels safe, and sexual misconduct is not tolerated. Every person has the ability to be an active and responsible bystander. Bystander intervention aims to prevent various types of violence including bullying, sexual harassment, sexual assault and intimate partner violence. When you see something that you think is not right, say something, do something and/or get someone's attention to help prevent violence.
- Sexual Violence Awareness & Prevention: A Training for Students
This 20-minute video explains what constitutes consent, various forms of sexual misconduct and violence, and how to help prevent an assault from happening to you or someone else.
- Bystander Intervention
- It’s On Us National Campaign
Fall 2017 Events – NOVA Sexual Assault ServicesTo volunteer or otherwise assist with events scheduled by NOVA’s Sexual Assault Services, contact Connie Kirkland at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Aug. 17 – International Student Fair (3-5pm) – SAS/NOVACares Tabling - AN CE 3rd
- Aug. 21 – Block Party (12–3 pm) – SAS/NOVACares Tabling - LO
- Aug. 22 – Club Fair - (12-3) - SAS/NOVACares Tabling - MA
- Aug. 29 – Block Party (10am-2pm) – SAS/NOVACares Tabling – AL
- Aug. 30 – Club Fair (11am-2pm) – SAS/NOVACares Tabling – AN
- Sept. 5 – National Campus Safety Awareness – Stalking is… - MEC
- Sept. 6 – NOVA Day (11am-3pm) – Stalking is… - AN
- Sept. 12 – NOVA Day (11am-3pm) – Stalking Tabling– MA
- Sept. 14 – NOVA Day - SAS/NOVACares Tabling - MEC
- Sept. 20 – NOVA DAY (12-4pm) – Stalking Tabling – AL
- Sept. 26 – Mental Health Fair – Stalking Tabling - LO
- Sept. 25-27 – Vision Wall – MA
- Sept. 28 – Vision Wall Reading Session (11am-12pm) – MA
- Oct. 2 – Sexual Assault Awareness Week -Vision Wall – AN
- Oct. 3 – Sexual Assault Awareness Week (3pm-4) –Vision Wall Reading Session - AN
- Oct. 3-4 – Sexual Assault Awareness Week (9am-4pm) - The Clothesline Project- AN
- Oct. 11-12 – The Clothesline Project (9am-4pm) - MEC
- Oct. 17-Oct. 18 – The Clothesline Project (9am-4pm) – MA
- Nov. 6 – Social Week - Stalking is… - AN