- The College restarts its annual Earth Day/Green Festival at the Annandale Campus.
- The College joins The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE).
- The College introduces the first phase of shuttle service between Alexandria, Annandale, Workforce Development and Metro.
- The College hires its first Sustainability Officer.
- The College joins U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Community Green Program.
- The Student Services (CA) building at the Annandale Campus receives a LEED Certified award and is the first LEED certified building at the College.
- Many of the campuses have active student/staff Green Clubs.
- All campuses have single-stream recycling.
- The College joins the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) Sustainability Education and Economic Development (SEED) program.
- The College begins designing and constructing new buildings to USGBC’s LEED Silver standard in accordance with Virginia Executive Order 82.
- Faculty and staff from each campus form the College Environmental Concerns Committee.
- The Environmental Committee develops a Statement of Green Principles.
- Many of the campuses implement energy efficiency measures through an energy services contract with Schneider-Electric.