When you register and pay for your courses at NOVA, the following four accounts are created for you to use. NOTE: It may take up to a week for them to be created.
- A VCCS email account, which you must use for all private communication with your instructor and other students.
- A VCCS Blackboard account, which you will use to view and complete most course work.
- VIVA account, which allows you to use the Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA).
- A myNOVA account, which you use to register and pay for your NOVA courses online.
All four accounts utilize one sign-on. Use the same username and password. This means that your Blackboard username and password are the same as your myNOVA/NOVAConnect username and password.
You can access Blackboard through myNOVA or learn.vccs.edu. Once you have your Blackboard account username and password, you are ready to log in to Blackboard. If you do not know your username and password, please review the Find Username and Password section.
1. Open a Web browser window, from the NOVA home page click on the myNOVA tab on the right, which will take you to the single user login page, from where you can log in to Blackboard.
2. Enter your username and password and click on Log In.
3. Once logged in, select Blackboard 9.
If Blackboard is not available through the portal, type http://learn.vccs.edu in your Web browser window and you will be directed to the Blackboard portal page.
1. Go to the NOVA home page.
2. Click on the myNOVA tab in upper right hand corner.
3. Click New to your college? Look up your username and set your password.
4. Enter your First Name, Last Name, Birthdate (MMDDYY) and Social Security Number and click on Search.
5. Enter a new password. New passwords must be between seven and 10 characters and must contain a combination of:
- At least one UPPERCASE letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one number (0-9)
7. Enter a security question. You must provide a security question with an answer that only you will know. This question will be used if you need to reset your password in the future.
- Click on a question provided to populate the Question box or type your own in.
- Type your answer into the Answer box. Be careful with spelling and capitalization, as you will have to remember it when you need to change the password
7. Username, Student ID, email and college are provided.
8. Go to How to Log In instructions and follow those instructions to continue logging in to the Blackboard Course Management System.
NOTE: These same instructions can be used to change your password.
Remember to Sign Out (at the top of the page) and close the browser window to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.