Online Graduation Application
The Spring 2011 Application for Graduation will only be accepted until 5:00 p.m. March 1.The new online application for graduation (summer 2011) will be available after midnight March 2 and is only accessible via MyNOVA and the Student Self Service in SIS.
Stop! Before you continue to the application:
- Check your degree progress report to be sure you have met all of the requirements for graduation
through courses completed or in progress. Click here for instructions.
- If there are any discrepancies, contact your academic/faculty advisor.
- You will need the following information in order to complete the application:
- Your Student ID number
- Your NOVA student email address. This is the ONLY address that will be used to send
graduation information to you.
- The type of award you are seeking (AA, AS, AAA, AAS, Certificate or Career Studies Certificate)
- The exact name of your program
- Your curriculum plan/code. Click here for a list of curriculum codes.
- Your catalog year. Click here for information about determining your catalog year.
Note: Information for items 3, 4, 5 and 6 can be found on your Degree Progress Report.
If you apply after the spring graduation deadline, your name will not appear in the commencement book.
You must submit a separate application for each degree or certificate you expect to receive. Applications are only valid for one semester.
If you experience difficulty submitting applying for graduation or submitting an application, please screen shot, print or write down the information on the error message and contact the NOVA Help Desk immediately.
- Fall Graduation: October 1 (applications can be submitted June 2 –October 1)
- Spring Graduation: March 1 (applications can be submitted October 2 –March 1)
- Summer Graduation: June 1 (applications can be submitted March 2 –June 1)
Your degree will reflect the semester you submitted your application for graduation. If you miss the deadline, your application will be processed and awarded the next semester.
Complete the Application Form Below:
(* Indicates required field in the application below.)