NOVA approved the implementation of six policy changes that took effect the Fall 2014 semester. The initial five policy changes affect new first-time-to-college students. The sixth policy impacts all NOVA students. We want our students to Start Strong.
Six New Policy Changes
Effective the Fall 2014 semester, all first-time-to-college students ages 17-24 must follow these policies:
1. Take placement tests before registration.
2. Attend Student Orientation before registration.
3. Meet with their advisor before registration.
4. Enroll in developmental courses (ENF and/or MTT) during the first semester, if placed.
5. Complete a Student Development (SDV) course within the first year.
Effective the Fall 2014 semester, all NOVA students must follow this policy:
6. Register before 11:59 p.m. the day before the session begins to meet the On-Time Registration requirement.
For answers to your questions about the Six Policy Changes read the FAQ booklet.
The ATD Policy Change Implementation Steering Committee is charged with implementing the six policy changes college-wide.
These policy changes are based on recommendations by the Achieving the Dream (ATD) Core Team to further ensure our student's success at NOVA.
Register for classes early - once the session begins, registration is closed!