Schedule of classes --
NOVA offers an entire Honors Program as well as individual Honors classes and Honors options in regular classes for highly motivated students who seek a challenging academic experience. You can even apply for an Honors scholarship!
NOVA’s Honors Program is distinguished by its Honors Core Curriculum, comprised of a set of general education courses applicable to many degree programs. Once you have successfully completed Honors sections of courses within your degree program to fulfill the core curriculum, you will receive a designation on your diploma and official transcript.
Honors Classes and Honors Options
Not interested in the full Honors Program, but still looking for some academic challenge? Then, you can simply take one or more Honors classes with the approval of the division, course instructor, or counselor based on your prior achievement or faculty recommendation. Honors classes are identified by an “H” after the course listings in the print schedule.
You can also pursue an Honors option. These are regular course sections in which you complete a special Honors component of the course. You will receive an Honors designation for that course upon successful completion of the component.
Honors Admission Information
To learn about Honors Program admission requirements, Honors classes, and Honors option courses, visit the Honors website. It will answer many of your questions and provide links to forms you will need to complete.
You can also contact the Student Services Center on the campus you attend or one of the following Honors chairs:
- • Alexandria Campus: Shonette Grant, 703–845–6503, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Annandale Campus: Dr. Paul Fitzgerald, 703–323–2442 email@example.com.
• Loudoun Campus: Steve Clarke, 703 – 404 –7328 , firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Manassas Campus: Dr. Rebecca Hayes, 703–257–6695, email@example.com.
• Medical Education Campus: Byron Massie, 703 –822 –6549, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Woodbridge Campus: Dr. Charles Errico, 703 –878 –5639, email@example.com.
• College-wide Coordinator: Stacy Rice, 703–948–7716, firstname.lastname@example.org.