Dept. of Human Resources Management Polices & Procedures
All employees use of the Internet and the College’s electronic communication systems must be compliance with Policy: 1.75 of the Dept. of Human Resources Management (DHRM) Policies and Procedures Manual – Use of Electronic Communications and Social Media.
Specifically Prohibited are:
- accessing, downloading, printing or storing information with sexually explicit content as prohibited by law (see Code of Virginia §2.1-804-805; §2.2-2827 as of October 1, 2001);
- downloading or transmitting fraudulent, threatening, obscene, intimidating, defamatory, harassing, discriminatory, or otherwise unlawful messages or images;
- installing or downloading computer software, programs, or executable files contrary to policy;
- uploading or downloading copyrighted materials or proprietary agency information contrary to policy;
- uploading or downloading access-restricted agency information contrary to policy or in violation of agency policy;
- sending e-mail using another’s identity, an assumed name, or anonymously;
- permitting a non-user to use for purposes of communicating the message of some third party individual or organization;
- any other activities designated as prohibited by the agency.