Cisco VPN Client – Cisco AnyConnectNote: The VPN is not accessible from the computers on campus. It is only accessible from off-campus computers. Navigate to a computer that is not on NOVA's network to start the downloading process.
Uninstalling Old Version
You will need to uninstall the version of the VPN client you currently have installed (if you are upgrading). This can easily be done by doing the following:
1. Navigate to the Control Panel on your computer
2. Select Programs and Features
3. Find and click Cisco VPN in the list of programs available
4. Click the Uninstall button above the list of applications
5. If uninstalled correctly the Cisco VPN entry in the list of programs will be removed
Installing the New Software:
1. Navigate to the following site to start the download process: https://nvccanyconnect.nvcc.edu
We strongly recommend using Firefox or Chrome for this upgrade.
2. Log in with your NVCC username and password. Remember that you must enter your username as follows: nvcc\username (See image):
3. After you click Login, the window below will appear. Click the “Windows Desktop” lin to manually download the installer.
4. Once the installer is downloaded, locate it on your computer (usually in your Downloads folder or on the Desktop) and double click the installer file “anyconnect-win-xxxxxx.exe”. Press Next.
5. Accept the License agreement, Press Next.
6. Finally, Click the Install Button.
Once complete, this window will disappear. The software is now installed.
1. Once the installer has finished, run Cisco AnyConnect client. This can be found by clicking the Windows Icon > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility.
2. The Address bar will be empty. Enter the address you see below (The same address that you initially navigated to download the software: nvccanyconnect.nvcc.edu)
3. You will be asked to login. Enter your NVCC credentials as seen below. Press OK.
If prompted to login again, do so. Make sure that you are entering your password correctly. You may need to contact the IT Helpdesk to make sure that your NVCC account has a valid password and isn’t locked out. If the login was successful you will see the following icon in your system tray.
You are now connected to the NVCC network using the new Cisco software.