All Northern Virginia Community College employees will submit an "On-Line Key Request" for the issuance of college keys by following the below listed steps:
- Click on the following link: http://www.nvcc.edu/forms/formlist.aspx?attr=f&searchstr=-1
- Scroll down the page to Form 105-156 and click on the "ONLINE" button
- Sign in utilizing the user name and password that you use when logging onto your computer.
- Complete the on-line form and add any comments as needed.
- After completing the form, click on the "Submit" button.
There a two types of college keys, as reflected below:
- Old Type Keys (Local Campus Keys) - These are keys that are cut and maintained at the local campus level.
- New Type Keys (Sargent XC Keys) - These are keys that are cut by National Security and Door in Richmond, VA. They are maintained in inventory for issue by the Centralized Key Control Office (CKCO) at the Annandale Campus. The CKCO forwards requested keys to the Local Campus Police / Director of Campus Operations (Manassas Campus) for issuance once a key request has been approved.
After you have submitted you key request it will pass thru the approval / deny chain, which is: Immediate Supervisor, Division Dean/Department Head, Director of Campus Operations (DCO) for the campus in which the key is being requested.
After approval by the DCO, the key request will be forward to the Centralized Key Control Office (CKCO) at the Annandale Campus for final approval. You will be notified by e-mail when your requested key is ready for pick-up.
Alexandria, Annandale, Loudoun, Medical Education and Woodbridge Campus’s
If the key is for a building / room at the Alexandria, Annandale, Loudoun, Medical Education and Woodbridge Campus’s, notification will come from the Local Campus Police.
If the key is for a building / room at the Manassas Campus, notification will come from the Director of Campus Operations Office.
When you come to sign for your key, you will be asked to read the below listed Acknowledgement (See next page) and the click on the “Click her to Accept the Terms Stated Above” button at the bottom of the page. When you click on that button you are digitally signing for the key.
When an employee is terminating employment with the Northern Virginia Community College, all college keys in their possession must be returned to the Local Campus Police, or in the case of Manassas Campus – to the Director of Campus Operations Office.