a. Violence committed by a person who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with a victim
- The existence of such a relationship shall be determined based on the reporting party’s statement and with consideration of
- Length of the relationship.
- Type of relationship.
- Frequency of interaction between the person involved in the relationship.
- For purposes of the definition dating violence includes
- Sexual or physical abuse or the threat of such abuse.
- Does NOT include acts covered under the definitions of domestic violence.